Saturday, June 12, 2010

Another day in Zambia

It has been a wonderful week filled with new learning opportunities. Once again, I’ve had the privilege of working with Gwembe, the children and babies at the Haven. I have learned how precious life is and Gods amazing abilities to let us be the best we can be and live each day through him. Alfred, one of the babies at the Haven, has been at the hospital on oxygen. It was declared that yesterday he died. When we found out about his death all of us said a prayer. It was a very upsetting and emotional time for all of us. At that very moment I thought about why we are put on this planet. That is hopefully to do unto other as you would have them do unto you, be more tolerant of others, be respectful, and to learn and do good things. I believe God has a plan and that things in life happen for a reason. Sometimes we do not always know that reason, but there is a plan. I was reminded of this plan as I was sitting at the dinner table tonight talking to the other group members. It was like dejavu all over again. I had been brought back to a place and time that I vividly remember being before. I feel that it was meant to be which all goes back to Gods plan for each and every one of us. I keep thinking of the differences we all have made and the lives that have been touched. I have gained a plethora of insight and perspective on the people here and their different walks of life. It has been great to get to know so many strong, wonderful people.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for the loss of baby Alfred! I know this week has been heartbreaking, as well as insightful. We all need to be tolerant of others. God's has a plan for sure, and he provides strength to withstand difficult situations. I respect all of you girls and my prayers are with. Keep up the good work!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's so sad about baby Alfred! I will be praying for you girls! That's so great that you have had such a wonderful experience,I'm sure it's like nothing you will ever experience again! I can't wait to hear all of the stories in person when you guys get back! I know there will be many emotions that can never be described and only you girls will know exactly the feeling of helping these sweet babies! I am so proud of you guys and can't wait to see all of you!! Miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about Alfred. But at least you get to see the good you are doing and maybe can save some that would not have made it without you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Alfred. That is so sad. I too believe that we were all put here for a purpose and all of you ladies are doing an amazing thing for the people in Zambia. You are all amazing women. We are all so proud of you ladies!!! Miss you all! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for you guys. I can't even imagine what you guys have gone through losing those babies. I do know he is in a better place. All you guys have had a huge impact on these children and I know they have on you as well. So ready to see you guys and hear about your experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about Alfred. I can't believe we've lost two! Stay strong, you are truly helping all the others, which is helping save lives and improve lives. Can't wait to see you all back in the States!

    ReplyDelete